Targeting and how it works:
Yahoo! User provides their date of birth upon registration. Ads are then served to logged in users that match the age range specified.
Yahoo! User provide their gender upon registration. Ads are then served to logged in users that have identified themselves as the specified gender.
The ad server determines the users geographic location based on their Internet Connection (IP targeting).
Day of Week
The calendar in the adserver identifies the day of the week. Ads with day of week targeting are held until the specified days.
Time of Day
The time is identified by the adserver based off a 24 hour clock. Ads with time targeting are held until the specified times.
Why use targeting on Yahoo! New Zealand
- Reach your exact target demographic. Talking to the right people from the beginning.
- No wasted impressions on people outside of your target demographic.
- Advertise your product on appropriate days or at an appropriate time of day, i.e. Dinner time for Fast food.
- Book across multiple properties. i.e. book NZ eyes on all Yahoo Travel sections
- Difficult to reach minority audiences can be targeted on their country of origin i.e. Book NZ eyes on Yahoo! China to reach the New Zealand Chinese community.
- Yahoo! Users are logged in with their Yahoo ID. The profile has their demographic data, so the ad server knows that it’s reaching the right people